2008 is a leap year and today’s the 29th of February, so what was so special about this day? Well, for one, kids, adults and everyone born this day celebrated their birthdays, after 4 years of no celebration! Don’t they just love this day? Especially for kids who love to celebrate birthdays year after year! Well, kids, this day is for you!
Did you know that women have the right to propose marriage on February 29th? This is what they call "Ladies Privilege". Hundreds of years ago, leap year day had no recognition in English law. The day was ‘leapt over’ and ignored, and was then called "leap year". Then women had the right to propose on 29th February each leap year. It was decided that the day had no legal status, which meant that a "break in tradition" on this day was acceptable.
Miodestino.co.uk gives us the some tips on how to propose to that man of your dreams:
Five Romantic Ways to Propose
1. Try the age-old, traditional route by treating him to a romantic meal, home cooked or in a restaurant, and getting down on bended knee.
2. Give him a treasure hunt with hidden clues round the house, leading him to the ring, or you in sexy underwear.
3. Take him back to the place you first met, went on your first date or had a romantic time at, and pop the question there
4. There’s never a more opportune moment than on a romantic moonlit stroll on a beach whilst on holiday.
5. Whatever you do -don’t ask over text, email or facebook!
What You Need to Prepare Before Proposing
So, now that you’ve got your outfit sorted you need to prepare for what you’re actually going to do:
1. Get instant romantic lighting with candle light, (which is handily the most flattering lighting there is!)
2. If you’re staying in, cook him his favourite food, we all know the best way to a man’s heart is through his stomach.
3. A new set of underwear will make you feel and look sexy.
4. Prepare what you are going to say before hand and rehearse how you are going to say it.
5. You can’t propose without a ring, don’t leave it at home!
Look the Best – Make up and clothes to propose in
You’re both going to remember this day for the rest of your lives so it’s essential that you scrub up to look like the woman he wants to spend the rest of his life with:
1. Treat yourself to something new to give yourself a confidence boost, and make yourself feel that extra bit special.
2. Wear something that you know he likes on you, whether its a certain colour, a certain garment or a certain style. You’ll instantly have him magnetised.
3. If you’re following tradition and going down on one knee, make sure that your skirt isn’t too short!
4. Pay attention to your grooming, have a hair cut, do your nails, and make your skin irresistibly soft- how can he refuse?!
5. Splash out on some new and sexy lingerie because all being well, he’ll be seeing it later!
How to Know if the Time is Right
In order to avoid rejection make sure that the time is right when proposing to the love of your life:
1. Make sure that you have mentioned marriage before, and he has responded positively and not run in the other direction or changed the subject!
2. It’s probably best that you’ve known each other for a while so that you are fully aware of each others irritating habits
3. He’s your best friend and you can trust him with anything.
4. You still get butterflies like you did on your very first date.
5. You cant imagine spending your life with anyone else but you can imagine putting up with him until you’re both grey and old!
So, well, ladies, what are you waiting for! Haha! Now is your chance to propose to that one true man of your dreams, so grab that chance right away….Good Luck!